Monday, December 11, 2017

Unintended Consequences

So, how have you been?  I hope well and wonderful!!

It's been a while since I've written and checked in with you......
and the reason why is a bit complicated and at the same time unintended.

As you may remember from my post about my 2017 Resolutions, which was just about my last post!!,  I resolved to spend less time on social media and screen time and I have but in doing so I stayed away from here as well.

I have taken a long look at why I am on social media and my blog.  It took just a second to figure out how I wanted to proceed on Facebook and Instagram, but this took me a while to figure out.

For the first 6 months or so, I didn't even think about writing, I was journaling and doing some writing that needed to be private.  However, around August, I started to think, "I should do a blog entry" but it never went past that.  In October, I thought "Write Melissa" but then that little obnoxious voice said "It's been 10 months since you wrote, it's been too long"......and I listened to the second voice.

As you can tell, the voice that said "Write Melissa!" got more insistent and louder, so here I am, but it took me figuring out why before I could get this going again.  Writing for a audience is different for me than my private journaling and I enjoy doing it, regardless of whether anyone reads this or not.  It's the process, the creativity, and the joy of it, not the responses (although I do appreciate them tremendously!!!).  So with this cleared up in my mind, I was able to write again.

I have no idea how often I will write here, but I know that I will write.

So until next time,
Melissa

2 comments:

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...