Wednesday, June 6, 2018

March on into April, Move on into May...

Remember how I said in January, I would do a monthly, at least, blog to let you know what was up?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the universe said....



During the past 3 months, I have had technical issues that can only be described as Murphy's law.  My old phone decided to take time off, not send texts, not receive texts and basically mess with my entire network.  Oh, and it wasn't all the time, so I would notice, it was completely random.  AARGH!

Here is my plea for understanding, if you sent me texts, emails or even called during that time and I did not respond, please forgive me.  I was not ignoring you!  I just didn't get them.....

I now have a new phone and a new cell phone network, and here is my lovely tip and money saving advice, KNOW YOUR SERVICE DATES WHEN SWITCHING PROVIDERS!  I looked at my bill and thought I had it correct, but I was off by 3 days and ended up being charged for an ENTIRE month, they do no prorate after you end your service.  I am so annoyed....but at the same time, I LOVE my new provider!

Anyhow, life went on, even with the technical issues.  I took a drawing class from an AMAZING friend and instructor and it turns out I was lying to myself when I said I couldn't draw.  The actuality was that I had never been taught how to draw.  It was definitely a process and most of it mental to get rid of the block that said I can't do this.  I know I said about a billion years ago I had an art post coming and it really is and now there might be two....

Now for a Bacall update, in early May, I thought I was going to lose her so I made an appointment with the vet for the next day but when it was time for the appointment, she was so much better, so we had an honest talk about signs to look for when it was going to be time---how many days without food, agility, neurological control.  It wasn't a fun talk, but we all agreed that she is nearing the end and we don't want to have her in pain or just miserable.  She still wags her tail ALL the time.  She still wants to go on walks, even if they are just one block and take about 45 minutes.  She still loves to go to her doggy day care once a week to be treated like the Queen she is.  And I will take and enjoy this one day at a time until she says no more......

My other big news is that I am officially back rowing on the Great Salt Lake!!!!!!  I can not even tell you how happy I was my first day back on the water.  This is the info that will make you laugh, if you know me well, I even happily get up before 9 am on a weekend to do this.

Life rolls along...
Work is good.  The summer concert season at Red Butte Gardens has already started with an amazing show with The Wood Brothers and Devil Makes Three (check them out, I love their music), so my summer evenings are filling up with volunteer shifts.  While Hamilton was in town, my mom and I had the amazing opportunity to see it (here's to season tickets, because WOW did it sell out fast).  I had been listening to the original cast recording for a month or two before the show, so I was a little concerned about it living up to the hype, but it definitely did.  I'm still knitting animals for the Cops for Kids program.  I just finished a litter of kittens, :)
two of the six kittens I knitted....

I hope all is well with you!
and I promise to be better......

Finally technologically sound again,
Melissa



2 comments:

  1. i SALUTE YOUR VARIED INTERESTS AND TALENTS. I love the knitted kittens. Are you sure they're not alive? Looking forward to the art work. When can we come out and watch you row on the Great Salt Lake? Glad Bacall is still taking you for a walk. That's about my pace. I'm not into Smart phones which makes me a relic. Nice update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Here’s the frustrating part about the rowing, the only time you can really see is is when we are getting out of the marina and we’re not at top speed because of all of the turns. I’m going to have to get someone else on another scull to video me. My mom was wondering the same thing. As for the smart phone, this experience reminded me that you can rely on the suckers too much...

    ReplyDelete

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...