So, how have you been? I hope well and wonderful!!
It's been a while since I've written and checked in with you......
and the reason why is a bit complicated and at the same time unintended.
As you may remember from my post about my 2017 Resolutions, which was just about my last post!!, I resolved to spend less time on social media and screen time and I have but in doing so I stayed away from here as well.
I have taken a long look at why I am on social media and my blog. It took just a second to figure out how I wanted to proceed on Facebook and Instagram, but this took me a while to figure out.
For the first 6 months or so, I didn't even think about writing, I was journaling and doing some writing that needed to be private. However, around August, I started to think, "I should do a blog entry" but it never went past that. In October, I thought "Write Melissa" but then that little obnoxious voice said "It's been 10 months since you wrote, it's been too long"......and I listened to the second voice.
As you can tell, the voice that said "Write Melissa!" got more insistent and louder, so here I am, but it took me figuring out why before I could get this going again. Writing for a audience is different for me than my private journaling and I enjoy doing it, regardless of whether anyone reads this or not. It's the process, the creativity, and the joy of it, not the responses (although I do appreciate them tremendously!!!). So with this cleared up in my mind, I was able to write again.
I have no idea how often I will write here, but I know that I will write.
So until next time,
Melissa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Final Bit....
I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...
-
Alternate Title: My bathroom remodel update. I am finally moving forward and making progress on my bathroom remodel. Remember when I blo...
-
I have been meaning to write this post for quite a while now but just could not find the words or even process what I had been a part of.......
-
It's time... for my 2013 Resolutions to be revealed. Are you breathless with anticipation? or just really tired from all of the post...
Write, Melissa, write!
ReplyDeleteI have been, just not on here, but I'm going to do better
Delete