Saturday, September 8, 2012

What happens while you're busy doing other things...



If you were one of the few who managed to speak to me during the month of August, you'll know already that it was not the greatest month.  If it could go wrong, it did.  Work was crazy; the heat was overwhelming; an ongoing earache about drove me nuts; and nothing went according to plan.

Ugh.

While I was dealing with all of the drama, my garden however was having a banner season.

just a few of the tomatoes I picked the last week of August

The peppers are coming, The peppers are coming!

I have a pumpkin!!!!

multiple pumpkins!!!  I've never had success with them before!
these lovely little goodies are sweet and tasty!!
Eggplant Parm is in my future and past thanks to an insane recipe!

and then there are my cucumbers, I have never ever ever had so many!
During all of my craziness, I neglected my garden.  I did nothing more than watering.  I forgot to do one of the scheduled fertilizer application.  Not one weed was picked.

It just goes to show that when life is crazy, at the end of the tunnel, a little beauty is waiting for you.

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Wondrous vegetables - impressive. Are you sure you didn't have an artist paint those tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was more the lighting in the kitchen for once was amazing, so I got a great shot!

      Delete

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...