Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Revel in the Normal...

I often write an entry when I've done something major, had a creative adventure, or have a plan to announce, but today I thought I would do something a bit different.

Revel in the Normal,
the mundane,
the routine....

Shocking, I know, but life is mostly the normal, everyday things that we do.
Work.
Cleaning.
Exercise.
Friends.
Making dinner.
Trying to figure out what to make for dinner.
Running errands.
Staying cool in the heat.
Planning.
Organizing.
Killing time.
Trying to find time.
etc.
etc.
etc.

The list of what we all do on a regular basis could go on forever and instead of saying, 'How boring!' or 'Why me?'

Let's start celebrating it.

This morning, I woke up, took my dogs on a walk, watered the garden, found out a client had cancelled and kept going on to the next item on the things that need to accomplished today.

Sometimes, at the end of a long one, it's all about how you look at it....

My dog's walks get me out of bed when I still want to sleep.
My garden is a heck of a lot of work.
My planning of meals drives me crazy to find new stuff to eat.
The cancelled client means my planning of the day just got shot.

or

My dog's walks gets me up, before the heat of the day becomes unbearable.
My garden provides yummy food to eat.
My planning of meals allows me to be creative on a daily basis.
The cancellation allows me to have a bit of unexpected free time to write.

It's all in the perspective of it all.  I'm not saying that I enjoy all of the stuff I do on a regular basis, or that I revel in it, but I think if we don't celebrate the everyday,
you won't enjoy your life.

Ya Me!!!
Ya You!!  for accomplishing all of the things you do on a daily basis that makes life run on.

And on those days that you just can not celebrate the mundane, the routine, and the normal,
remember that you are not alone.
Everyone, at some time or another, needs a little Calgon, Take me Away!!!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...