Slowly, but I ran....
and here are some random things about my adventure.
1. I can not run and drink from a cup at the same time. Runners, is there a class I can take?
2. No matter how many times you offer me Gu at an aid station, I will never ever take it.
Seriously, it is gross.....
3. I can run and eat an half of a banana or gummy bears. I felt so coordinated after my drinking misadventures.
4. Apply your anti chafing product with gusto. I was whiter than normal, but made it thru ok.
5. Steep hills during mile 6 are just mean.
6. Kids dressed as superheroes that are willing to run up with you make mean hills slightly better.
7. Volunteers along the course really keep you motivated with cheering.
8. 5:25 is early to get up and get ready for a 6:30 start time.
9. Runners, as a whole, are an amazing wonderful encouraging group of people!
10. I ran the first 1 1/2 with a runner from Texas in a race in Morgan, Utah.
11. Misters are the greatest thing ever on a race course.
12. Otter pops at mile 11 rock! I even got my favorite flavor--grape.
13. 13.1 miles is a long way, but it is doable.
14. I ran slower than I had planned 3 weeks ago, but you know what.....it doesn't really matter.
15. I will be running another Half Marathon in October.
16. I will run on Tuesday, because that is one of my running days.....
17. Yes, I am tired, but not in pain. Added bonus....no loss of toenails.
7/13/18 Just a Note...I have had this blog written for basically 5 months, but just haven't put the art in it. I ...
So, how have you been? I hope well and wonderful!! It's been a while since I've written and checked in with you...... and the re...
Bacall Approved Resolutions! For some reason, the past couple of years, I have had ten New Year's Resolutions and when I finished w...
Hello, Are you in shock that you didn't have to wait for 9 months for the next blog? :) I thought I would try something this year...