I haven't written in a while...
I've been having thoughts about what to write, but they don't seem to be enough for an entire blog, so I have not done one.
Well, that ends today with a Random Thoughts blog.
It will be disjointed.
It will be random.
It will be ok.
1. I love to read and discover new authors, but get very frustrated when I LOVE the first book I read by an author and then am bored to death by the next two by the same author.
2. I quit playing Candy Crush on my phone for a couple of reasons. Do you know much time was being sucked into that game? Too Much. And, more importantly, I found out it was ripped off from a guy who had invented it for his mom who was battling cancer. Why would I play the ripoff after hearing that?
3. I started taking American Sign Language classes last week. It is something I have always wanted to do and finally found a class that works with my schedule. I can sign the alphabet, numbers up to 10, yes and no, and the phase, "Hi, my name is Melissa. Nice to meet you." Not bad for my first week! And here is a bit of useful information, the deaf community prefers Deaf or Hard of Hearing (if there is some hearing ability). They consider Hearing Impaired an insult.
4. Even though, we did not have a hard or exceptionally snowy winter, I am ready for spring. I am having a hard time, however, getting motivated for the projects in my yard however.
5. Remember how I was redoing the bathroom? I talked about it here. I have yet to get the doors off of the cabinet. I now have VERY VERY strong opinions about people who paint over hinges. I got sooooo frustrated by the whole situation that I stopped even thinking about it for a while. I have a plan, it involves paint stripper. grrrr.
6. Humphrey has not had another seizure!!!!! I am still in Overtime and enjoying every moment of it. He has a fatty tumor, non cancerous, under his right front leg, but I am treating it with essential oils, since surgery is not an option for him. He is slow on walks, but still HAS to go out every day and generally loves his life.
7. I have gotten into Essential Oils. I think it is just the evolution of eating better, cleaning without toxic chemicals, and a hopefully environmentally friendly lifestyle. I use DoTERRA oils and am now a Independent Consultant. If you are interested in them, let me know.
8. For the current season of the Utah Symphony/Opera, I bought a mini 6 performance pass. Five of them were for the Symphony, but one was for the Opera. I saw La Traviata in January. I fell in love.
With Opera. Me, who always said that the women always sounded like they were screeching, fell in love. I ended up getting tickets for Turandot and it cemented my love. Ironically, I still am not a fan when just listening to a cd of the women, but when you combine the live performance with the set and pageantry of it all, I'm good to go.
9. I am still doing pretty well on my New Year's Resolutions. YA! There is one that may end up being tweaked, but I can not figure out how. It's one about finishing projects in a timely and sane manner. I'm struggling to figure out how to complete items but take the pressure off of having to get it done.
10. I am very hard on myself when I make a mistake. It is one of the things that I struggle with and continue to work on. I spiral. And then spiral some more. Until in my mind, everything is wrong. This past week has been a summary of that. Spiraling and working on it and getting help and coming back.
So there you have it,
my life in the past little bit in a nutshell.
Progress and regression.
Frustrating and Wonderful.
7/13/18 Just a Note...I have had this blog written for basically 5 months, but just haven't put the art in it. I ...
So, how have you been? I hope well and wonderful!! It's been a while since I've written and checked in with you...... and the re...
Bacall Approved Resolutions! For some reason, the past couple of years, I have had ten New Year's Resolutions and when I finished w...
Hello, Are you in shock that you didn't have to wait for 9 months for the next blog? :) I thought I would try something this year...