Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I got in a fight with a mouse....

Yes, you read that correctly....

I got in a fight with a mouse, and I lost.

Let me set the scene for you and maybe it will help stop the laughter.

3 am.
My bedroom.

I needed to go to the bathroom, so I left bed and headed to the bathroom.  I know the path so well that I did not turn on the lights.  

BIG MISTAKE.  HUGE.  (bonus points, name the movie)

I reached the end of my bed when I stepped on something furry and mushy.  The furry and mushy item did not react well to my foot and tried to squirm its way out from under my foot.  Needless to say, my reaction was to yelp and go vertical.

This is where the real fun began.

I went vertical and a little to the left and landed on my bed.

Upon landing on my bed, due to the velocity in which I hit the bed, I bounced.

I bounced up and right off the bed to the floor.

With a thud.

Scraping my left elbow, bruising my entire torso, and knocking the breath out of me.

I now hurt.
A lot.

And even worse, I think my cat played a role in this, because when I made it back to my room with the lights on...Meeko was there with her whiskers in play mode and meowed at me like I had ruined her fun.

It's ok,
you can laugh at the fact I got in a fight with a mouse
and lost.

Setting traps....
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. PLEASE you a humane trap and release - PLEASE don't kill. And don't let the cat kill it either. Pleeeeease.............

    Kathy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I mean "use" not "you". But the plea is the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I'm not against dead mice. Invaders pay the price. How awful to step on a mouse with bare feet. It chills me. Recover gracefully. My sympathy.

    ReplyDelete

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...