Monday, April 4, 2011

Don't Glow.....Sweat

I'm on day 4 of my 30 day Bikram challenge.  I've found my Bikram rhythm again, going through all of the poses without taking any breaks.  :)  It took me 2 days to accomplish this.  I should tell you that for the 2 weeks before I started my challenge, I was down for the count with a flu, as in I didn't leave my bed for 4 days.  It was not fun, and as a result, my endurance and stamina were gone.  Not a great way to start the most physically challenging event of my life, but sometimes, it's just the way it is.

Anyway, back to today's class, it was actually fun, well as much fun as you can in the torture chamber.  Three poses in, I looked in the mirror in the front of the room, and noticed I was not as sweaty as I had been the previous three days.  I was just glowing, not sweating.....  Never fear, Bikram fans, by the time we finished the standing series, I was soaked.  Not sweaty, SOAKED!!  My towel over my yoga mat, my outfit, my hair, everything was wet.  I resembled a drenched rat, and not in a good way.

So, everyone out there in the blogosphere land, don't glow, Sweat.....
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...